Guidance: Changes to the death certification process This is an overview of the proposed introduction of medical examiners and reforms to the process of Death Certification in England and Wales.
The reforms are expected to be introduced from April 2018 and responses to the death certification reforms consultation will help to inform how these changes are put in place. You can also give your views by responding to the consultation.
- Improving the death certification process
- Why the current system needs to change
- The reforms
- How the system will be improved
- Paying for the new system
- The new process
- Testing the reforms
- Professional standards and training
- Medical examiner recruitment
- Background: history of death certification
- Further information